Rasanya ramai yang dah cuba buat kek baldu merah yang semakin popular ni. actually ni cubaan kedua membuat kek ni setelah cubaan pertama gagal, taktau lah mana silapnya, kek tak naik dan rasa pun semacam jer. Tapi bila tgk ramai geng2 blogger dah try buat dan menjadi, rasa teringin nak try lagi sekali dan hasilnya mmg superb. Tak pernah beli atau rasa kek ni kat kedai jadi takleh nak compare, tgk kat luar jual mahal sgt, satu slice jer rm5-8 dan sebiji ada yg sampai rm85.. baik buat sendiri boleh makan sepuas-puasnya..hahaha. Resepi amik kat web joy of baking and kat situ siap ada video step by step tu yg confident nak buat tu. Jamie guna loyang 8 x 3
Red Velvet Cake:
Red Velvet Cake:
- 2 1/2 cups (250 grams) sifted cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tbsp (15 gm) cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (113gm) butter at room temp
- 1 1/2 cup (300gm) castor sugar
- 2 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240 ml) buttermilk
- 2 tbsp food red coloring
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp baking soda
250g cream cheese
100g unsalted butter
200g icing sugar
2 cup fresh cream, whipped until stiff
- Preheat oven to 175 C and place rack in the center of oven. Butter 8 x 3 inch round cake pan and line the bottoms of the pans with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl sift together teh flour, salt and cocoa powder . Set aside.
- In bowl of mixer, beat the butter until soft (about 1-2 mins). Add the sugar and beat again until light and fluffy (2-3 mins). Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- In other bowl whisk buttermilk with red food coloring. With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the flour mixture and buttermilk to the butter mixer, beginning and ending with the flour. F-B-F-B-F. In a small cup combine the vinegar and baking soda. Allow the mixture to fizz and then quickly fold into the cake batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 25 - 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Cool the cakes in their pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Place a wire rack on top of the cake pan and invert, lifting off the pan. Once the cakes have completely cooled, wrap in plastic and place the cake layers in the refrigerator for at least an hour (or overnight). (This is done to make filling and frosting the cakes easier.)
Cream Cheese frosting:
- Beat cream cheese with butter until soft.
- Turn mixer to low speed, add powdered sugar a little at a time. Whisk until well blended.
- Add whipped cream, stir through with a spatula.